The parent-child account relationship is beneficial for organizations that have multiple locations or sales reps that operate independently yet roll up to the same parent company such as franchises or affiliates.
This structure provides parent accounts:
- Access to child accounts without requiring separate logins
- Ability to configure default settings for deposit plans and taxes
- Consolidated view of sales performance and stores across all child accounts from a corporate-level Dashboard
Parent account users can navigate between child accounts using the Account Switcher in the top right corner of the OMG app. This gives you full access to each child account, allowing you to view their account-specific Dashboard, view and edit stores, generate reports, and more.
NOTE: Only parent account users with the Owner and Accountant role can use the Account Switcher to access child accounts.
Parent accounts also have access to additional features, including the ability to define default settings for child accounts and a corporate-level view of the Dashboard. To learn more about these features, check out the Default Settings and Dashboard Overview articles.
Things to Know
- Parent accounts have access to all child accounts. Child accounts do not have access to the parent account or other child accounts.
- Parent accounts can have unlimited child accounts. Child accounts cannot have more than one parent account.
- Users on the parent account can view and access child accounts from the Account Switcher in the top right corner. Selecting an account from this list will take the user to the child account where they can access stores and reports.
- All accounts are parent accounts by default. Any account can be a parent or a child account and this can be changed at any time if needed. Users do not have the ability to assign themselves as a parent or child account through the OMG app. Please contact your Account Manager or Support if you have questions or need to make adjustments to your account structure.