Your store just closed, and now it’s time to fulfill orders. Need to know how many of each product you need to order? Need to know what options customers selected when ordering a product? While you can use work orders to quickly calculate how much to order, the Product Report gives you more details and more control over the product data with the report filters.
- Locate the store with the products you want to see the product report for.
- Click the Product Report button.
Include Products w/o Orders Filter:
- The Product Report defaults to having the “Include Products w/o Orders” box checked. With the box checked, the report will list every product on your store, even if they don’t have orders placed.
- If you would like to see only the products with orders placed, click the checkbox to unselect that filter.
Filter By Date:
- Click the box next to Filter By Date to choose a specific time period for the report.
- Choose a starting date and an ending date.
- The selected time period should be highlighted in red on the calendar.
- The time frame selected will also show up in red numbers in the Filter by Date box.
- Now only orders within that date frame will show up in the product report.
Include Deleted Options Filter
- Sometimes mistakes are made. If you have already taken orders for products with a custom option (i.e name on back, number on back), but then those options were deleted from the product, checking the box next to Include Deleted Options brings that information back to the report.
- In the following example, the Port and Company 5.4oz 100% Cotton T-Shirt (Port & Company Style PC54) has an option for Number on Back.
- When I check the Include Deleted Options filter, a Name on Back option that was previously deleted shows up.
Include Product Artwork:
- If you want the product report to show a picture of the products ordered, you can click the Include Product Artwork filter.
- Only the colors that have been ordered will show up as pictures.
- You can click on the thumbnail image to get a full sized look at the product.
Group By Custom Field:
- At checkout, you can ask the customer to fill out a custom field. For example, if you asked the customers to write in their school’s name, then you can group all the orders for each school together using this field.
- Click on the box next to Group by Custom Field to open up a dropdown menu of all your custom fields.
- Click on the custom field you would like to sort by.
- The selected field should be shown in red in the Group By Custom Field box.
- In this example, we sorted by Organization and one of the Organizations was “Blueberry Bliss” and the other was “Some other Org”.
Filter by ...
- The Filter by … options will let you only see the products associated with a specific custom field answer.
- The next filter(s) are based on how many custom fields you’ve added at checkout — although Filter by Manufacturers is always available.
- For example: If you’ve added one custom field, you will have two Filter by … options, including Filter by Manufacturers. If you’ve added three custom fields, you will have four Filter by … options.
- Click on a Filter by … option you would like to filter by.
- A dropdown will appear showing the options for that custom field.
- Click on the custom field answer you would like to filter for.
- The selected answer should now be shown in red.
- You will now see only the products associated with that custom field answer.
- This works the same for Filter By Manufacturers.
- Click on the Filter By Manufacturers box.
- A dropdown will appear showing the available brands to filter by.
- Click on a brand you would like to filter for.
- The selected brand should be shown in red.
- You should now see only the products associated with that brand.
Note: Filtering by custom fields, manufacturers, size, date, etc. will change the results that appear on the page. However, the .CSV download for this report does not obey these filters and will always download the full, unfiltered Product Report.
While the Product Report is a versatile way to see what products have been ordered by the customer, you also need to send this data to the vendors. Click here to learn how to use our work orders to easily and quickly send a work order to vendors.