When adding a logo to a product within OrderMyGear, it's best to upload a transparent PNG. This is an image file type that allows you to have a transparent background, allowing the logos on your products to look more professional.
PC Users: Edit artwork/logos with Pixlr
If you are a PC user, we recommend a 3rd party tool called Pixlr. Pixlr allows you to edit images within your browser, all without having to download a separate program. See below for instructions on where to find Pixlr and how to edit images once you've opened it.
1. Go to https://pixlr.com.
2. Click “Start Editing”.
3. Choose “Open Image” and select the image you want to edit.
4. Select the "Cutout tool" (scissors icon).
5. Select “Magic Cutout” as the tool type (magic wand icon).
6. Turn off the “Contiguous” option.
7. Click the "background color".
8. Click “Save” at the bottom. (Make sure the PNG option is selected)
(This video does not contain sound)
MAC Users: Edit artwork/logos with Acorn
If you are a MAC user, we recommend a 3rd party tool called Acorn. See below for instructions on where to download Acorn and how to edit images once you've downloaded it.
1. Download Acorn at https://flyingmeat.com/acorn/.
2. Open Acorn and select "Open an Image".
3. Find the image you want to edit and click "Open".
4. Select the "Magic Wand" tool or press "W" on your keyboard (make sure the "contiguous" box is unchecked).
5. Select the background color — you should see dotted, moving lines appear.
6. Press the "delete" button on your keyboard.
7. Press "COMMAND+D" to deselect the area.
8. Go to File > Save As or press "SHIFT + COMMAND + S" to make sure the format is a PNG.
9. Save the file.