When you are initially setting up your OrderMyGear account, you will need to provide both banking and company information in order for OrderMyGear and our processing partner, Stripe, to verify the authenticity of your account. Before you can accept credit card transactions and receive payouts, we are required by law to verify information about your business to improve financial transparency and uphold the integrity of your business.
FinCen (The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) is the government agency that sets the requirements for the information that we must collect from our customers in order to allow them to conduct online business through our platform. If you would like to learn more you can visit Fincen's Website.
Here are a few commonly asked questions about our verification process:
- Why do you need this information?
- We have a legal obligation to complete Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering checks. This means we are required to validate your business's and representative's information against legal records
- My information on file is correct. Why am I still unverified?
- The information you provide must exactly match the legal records. For example, a business name must match the tax records (e.g., "Joe Athletics, Inc." instead of "Joe Athletics).
- Is it safe to provide this information?
- Yes. We do not store the information you provide. We securely and directly transmit it to an upstream entity responsible for the verification. We are compliant with the highest security standards, including PCI-DSS.
- What if I have more questions
- We are more than happy to assist. Just click on the "Green Running Man" bubble on any of the pages when you are logged in to your OMG account.
Article is closed for comments.